BCHS Tardy/Attendance Policy
- Any student arriving at school after the 8:15 bell, must report directly to the office, sign-in, and receive a tardy slip before entering their designated classroom.
- 1st – 3rd Tardy
- Classroom Outcome: may include but not limited to: a telephone call to parent; special assignment to recover missed assignments; Coyote Den recovery; parent conference.
- School/District Outcome: Truancy Letter 1 will be mailed to residence upon 3rd unverified tardy > than 30 minutes
- Any student who is absent from school for any reason must have a parent notify the office by telephone (714.990.7882) or send a note with the student. Upon returning to school, a student who has an unexcused absence will be assigned a four (4) hour Saturday School (8 am - 12 noon) held at BOHS.
- Any student who cuts during the school day may be recommended for an In-House Suspension to be determined at time of parent conference.
- On the third truancy from school the student may be placed on an attendance contract and or referred to the Orange County District Attorney Truancy Project.
AT NO TIME IS A STUDENT ALLOWED TO LEAVE CAMPUS WITHOUT CHECKING INTO THE OFFICE AND RECEIVING PERMISSION FIRST!